- serdisplib is a library to drive displays.
This documentation is valid for serdisplib >= V. 2.01.
Version 2.x supersedes and combines V. 1.97.x and experimental branch V. 1.98 (which has been available via SVN only but has never been released as an official version).
All extra features of V. 1.98 are now integrated into V. 2.01+, but client/server extensions are still experimental and are not compiled by default as these are subject to change.
- Coding language: c
- Header files compliant with c++-code
- Accessing the output device (parallel, serial port, ...) using ioctl-calls or direct-IO
- Each pixel can be set or cleared separately
- Optimised data-flow between library and display
- abstract software layer for certain display functions (eg: setting contrast)
- Support for colour displays (since version 1.96)
- Support for usb-based displays (since version 1.97)
- Support for OLED displays (since version 1.97.6)
- Support for output via libSDL (since version 1.97.9)
- Support for output via framebuffer (since version 2.00)
- Support for general purpose input/output (GPIs/GPOs) (since version 2.00)
Extended API (useful functions and helpers, but may be subject to changes)